03 November 2021
Entries for Insurance Asset Risk's prestigious annual awards recognising the very best in insurance asset management are now open.
As markets have now moved on – for now - from the COVID-19 disruptions, insurance investors are faced with a landscape inhabit by both new, and old, demons.
The old ones include the all-too-familiar low level of interest rates, while amongst the new ones, inflationary risk is high up among the talking points.
But perhaps more than ever, the 'sustainable agenda' is right, front, and centre of insurers' investment-thinking. Governments across the world are pledging to 'build back greener'. Many insurers are following that up with the promise to turn their portfolio into net-zero carbon emitters by 2050. And while climate considerations are still the biggest chunk of the ESG agenda, slowly but surely the concept of a 'just transition' reveals the growing attention also being given to societal issues by investors.
All these themes are reflected in the Insurance Asset Risk awards categories. The industry is not short on talent, and it will surely demonstrate it once more in these awards.
The deadline for entries is 10 December 2021
More information about the awards, the judging process and how to enter can be found on the awards website
Insurance Asset Risk Awards 2022 categories:
- Alternatives manager of the year
- Data science solution provider of the year
- Emerging markets manager of the year
- Equity manager of the year
- Fixed income manager of the year
- IFRS 9 solution provider of the year
- Investment strategy consultant of the year
- Investment innovation of the year
- Multi-asset manager of the year
- Passive manager of the year
- Private debt manager of the year
- Real asset manager of the year
- Responsible investor of the year – insurer / reinsurer
- Responsible investor of the year – manager
- Social investing initiative of the year
- Stewardship initiative of the year
- Climate mitigation investment initiative of the year
- Chief investment officer of the year
- Young professional of the year
- Industry figure of the year
- Investment team of the year – parent company
- Investment team of the year – asset manager