Principal Adverse Impact (PAI) KPIs for Alternative Investments under SFDR
2023 has been an extremely important year for Article 4 SFDR investors in the EU such as life insurers, pension funds or alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs). They were required to publish the first Principal Adverse Impact (PAI) statement for the reference year in 2022 no later than 30 June 2023 so that now you have a lot to read on their websites.
CIOs to fasten seatbelts for bumpy landing as Fed spots runway
"The Fed won't hike rates next week," former president of Kansas City Fed predicts. While asset owners are at odds on the likelihood of a recession and asset managers brace themselves for what will not be a "piece of (cheese)cake"
Brookfield and insurance: a defence
Brookfield has been looking to carve out a name for itself in the insurance world. Even as the company gets assailed by a critics its path to growth remains undimmed.
Brookfield: the alternative traditionalist
The influx of alternative managers into insurance has been one of the trends of the decade. Brookfield, which has scooped up three insurance mandates in the last 12 months, has a more conservative business model than many peers as Sachin Shah, chief executive of Brookfield Insurance Solutions, explains
Sustainable investing focus
- Brookfield and insurance: a defence
- TIAA's $2.6bn residential mortgage purchases boosted market in H1
- Brookfield: the alternative traditionalist
- Generali appoints Antonio Tedesco as head of investment innovation
- NAIC notes some insurers "aggressively" taking more risk in CLOs
- Insurance asset managers keep out of blue bonds' murky waters... for now
- Momentum rising on stewardship engagement with sovereigns
- Generali France and Goodvest join forces for green retirement plan
- Nassau and Fortress form investment management partnership
- Man hires two to insurance solutions group
Focus on the USA
Insurance Risk & Capital Americas 2023
The leading event for CROs and CIOs at re/insurers
Have you registered?
The Insurance Risk & Capital Americas 2023 conference starts on 26 September 2023 at 9AM ET.
US Contact: Sarfraz Thind • firstname.lastname@example.org
Spotlight: Real Assets
Building blocks - accessing high-quality commercial real estate loans to back long-term insurance liabilities
The increasing demand for long-duration, predictable cashflows is driving the need for illiquid assets to deliver attractive returns with a good match for long-dated liabilities.
How to showcase the social value of buildings?
PIC's Cléo Fitzsimons and Charles Beard discusses the UK insurer's proprietary ESG scorecard for real estate investments across 65 KPIs.
IAR EMEA: Private assets - yesterday's story?
Eleanor Bucks, chief investment officer at Lloyd's of London, discusses the continued allure of private assets and market misconceptions at Insurance Asset Risk EMEA 2023 conference