The North American insurance asset management world continues to attract new players, reflected in this year's Insurance Asset Risk North America awards' broad spread of names entering and taking the prizes.
Alliance Bernstein, DWS and Loomis Sayles took two each, the rest of the prizes were evenly distributed as a host of companies proved their worth and work in this sector.
With a difficult year already and more volatility predicted ahead, this is not always an easy business to be involved in. But the entries showed innovation and dedication to the insurance industry, qualities which only go to enhance the reputation of insurance investment management and suggest most are in it for the long-term.
And it is not always the biggest that win. The awards entries the magazine received this year suggest that insurers continue to be willing to work with a diverse range of managers, from the largest to the smallest, to broaden their horizons in the world of investing.
Chief investment officer of the year was awarded to a stalwart of the business, Sun Life's Randy Brown. Brown has steered his company through the best of times and the worst of times with a disposition to match the company name.
The whole of Insurance Asset Risk's team would like to thank the industry for its support, and the judges for their time and expertise.
- Alternatives manager of the Year: AllianceBernstein
- Investment team of the Year - Asset Manager: AllianceBernstein
- Private debt manager of the Year: Barings
- Fixed income manager of the Year: Conning
- Equity manager of the Year: DWS
- Real asset manager of the Year: DWS
- Insurance asset risk technology provider of the year: FactSet
- Multi-asset manager of the Year: Loomis Sayles
- Structured debt manager of the year: Loomis Sayles
- Private equity manager of the Year: Neuberger Berman
- Climate investment initiative of the Year: Nuveen
- Emerging markets manager of the Year: PineBridge Investments
- Diversity and inclusion initiative the year: Insurance Women's Investment Network (IWIN)
- Chief Investment Officer of the year: Randy Brown, Sun Life