This year, Morgan Stanley IM comes out on top of the Insurance Asset Risk awards, with three prizes for: emerging markets manager of the year, investment innovation of the year, and multi-asset innovation of the year.
Close seconds are Royal London AM and Aviva Investors, which both retain the two awards they won last year.
Notable new winners include Ortec Finance for portfolio climate risk solution of the year, and Clearwater Analytics, who wins the IFRS 9 solution provider of the year.
In a year that some described as "a nightmare", the prize for chief investment officer was always going to go to someone who thinks outside the box, and in that category Olivier Guigné of CNP Assurances emerged on top. Unlike last year when no young professional of the year prize was awarded, this time around we are proud to celebrate the emerging talent of the insurance investing profession as Carly Segal of JP Morgan AM wins the award.
The whole of Insurance Asset Risk's team would like to thank the industry for its support, and the judges for their time and expertise.
- Alternatives manager of the year: Invesco
- Climate mitigation investment initiative of the year: Aviva Investors
- Emerging markets manager of the year: Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Equity manager of the year: Royal London Asset Management
- Fixed income manager of the year: Aegon Asset Management
- IFRS 9 solution provider of the year: Clearwater Analytics
- Investment innovation of the year: Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Investment strategy consultant of the year: EY Investment Advisory Team
- Multi-asset manager of the year: Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Passive manager of the year: Invesco
- Portfolio climate risk solution of the year: ClimateMAPS Scenarios - Ortec Finance
- Private debt manager of the year: Goldmans Sachs Asset Management (Formerly NN IP)
- Real asset manager of the year: Swiss Life Asset Managers
- Responsible investor of the year - Asset Manager: AllianceBernstein
- Stewardship initiative of the year: Aviva Investors
- Investment team of the year - Re/insurer: Wesleyan - Investments Team
- Investment team of the year - Asset Manager: RLAM Sustainable Investment Team
- Chief investment officer of the year: Olivier Guigné (CNP Assurances)
- Young professional of the year: Carly Segal (J.P. Morgan Asset Management)
How the awards were judged
Judges reviewed the submitted entry material and then voted in a secret ballot. Votes were counted and verified by Insurance Asset Risk's team.
All judges are senior industry experts from re/insurers across Europe and the UK, each chosen for their knowledge and objectivity.
The judges' decision is final and neither Insurance Asset Risk nor the judging panel will enter into any correspondence regarding individual entries and/or the award winners.