Alternatives: The importance of diversification in today's market
While the changing investment environment is presenting new challenges, alternatives remain important for insurers seeking enhanced income, returns and diversification.
Private Credit's 'Free Lunch' for Insurers
Private assets don't trigger any additional capital charges above what regulators require of equivalent public assets in insurer portfolios. That makes private credit's illiquidity premium the investment equivalent of a "free lunch."
From climate risk analysis to investment decision making
Download Ortec Finance's latest white paper which discusses incorporating climate risk into investment decision making using scenario analysis, along with some of the challenges associated with doing so.
Emerging market investment grade debt: An attractive alternative for insurers
Emerging market investment grade debt offers insurers high credit quality, elevated yields and income generating potential, and diversification benefits.
The Evolving Opportunity in Infrastructure Debt
In addition to infrastructure debt's defensive nature, diversification benefits and potential to offer compelling risk-adjusted returns, infrastructure's "essentiality" underscores its appeal throughout the economic cycle.
European insurance midyear investment outlook: strong capital supports a broadly positive view
European insurers remain broadly confident in their investment outlook. We explore the key opportunities - and risks - they're facing at midyear.
Changing demand dynamics: Opportunities for European insurers
As DB schemes approach the end game and continue to rebalance their portfolios, we think insurance companies have an opportunity to capture value opportunities across a range of asset classes.
Untangling complexity: A step-by-step guide to crafting optimal portfolios under the Matching Adjustment
In this paper we bring together guidance and practical recommendations covering all of the key regulatory requirements for insurers building Matching Adjustment (MA) portfolios in the UK market.
A farming model for Insurers in 2023: buy and maintain portfolio in fixed income
We believe 2023 presents us with as generous an outlook as we have seen in 10 years
Infrastructure debt: An essential ingredient
With inflation returning and investors on the hunt for stable yields, insurance companies should explore how an infrastructure debt allocation can support their investment strategy.
- Open letter to IAIS calls for rule to exclude fossil fuel insurance investors
- Mutual insurers align over $1trn of assets to sustainable frameworks
- Insurance Asset Risk Americas 2023 conference: Regulatory risk
- M&G appoints chief sustainability officer to guide investments
- China tweaks regulation to encourage insurers to back stocks
- Chart of the Week - The world's mutual insurers and ESG/climate investing
- State Street announces new head of investment services
- Entries open for Insurance Asset Risk Awards 2024
- Fidelity hails the return of cash as king
- Generali Investments' Sosteneo finances Australian energy storage