06 May 2022
We're living through a period of unparalleled disruption – inflationary pressure, rate hikes, market volatility and geopolitical shocks. As we face these new realities, we think taking an unfixed approach to fixed income is an advantage.
So what does an unfixed approach look like? Explore now
We've tackled the big topics facing fixed investors through a series of insights covering:
- Pandemic, war and fixed income: Global markets have suffered several body blows in recent years. Will bonds and cash play an important role in portfolios to help manage market volatility?
- Views on monetary policy: With rising inflation and increasing interest rates, monetary policy is likely to be top of the agenda for fixed income investors. What are the key challenges and opportunities?
- Untapped market opportunities: With some traditional investment solutions no longer providing the returns investors need, could looking further afield to less traditional parts of the market provide the answer?
- ESG and the Net Zero challenge: As the focus on Net Zero increases for many insurers, we explore how fixed income investors can tackle some of the greatest challenges of our age head on.
- Innovation in fixed income ETFs: While bond yields have been gradually rising and spreads widening, the gains haven't been enough to offset inflation. By offering efficient exposure to exciting areas of the market, could ETFs be part of the solution?
We understand that our insurance clients' fixed income needs are diverse. Whether you're looking for income, diversification, capital preservation or total returns, our global teams have the strategies, the scale and the flexibility needed to match your objectives as markets evolve.
And with no single house view, our 220+ dedicated fixed income investment professionals are free to focus on distinct asset classes, regions, styles and philosophies, supported by our extensive global resources.
We're trusted to manage over £335bn in fixed income strategies on behalf of our global clients, across a comprehensive range of global fixed income capabilities. From Liquidity Solutions to Buy & Maintain strategies. From Senior Secured Loans to Eco Bonds. From Emerging Market Debt to US Municipal Bonds – and much more.
The value of investments and any income will fluctuate (this may partly be the result of exchange rate fluctuations) and investors may not get back the full amount invested.
Debt instruments are exposed to credit risk which is the ability of the borrower to repay the interest and capital on the redemption date.
Data as at December 2021, unless otherwise stated.
This is marketing material and not intended as a recommendation to buy or sell any particular asset class, security or strategy. Regulatory requirements that require impartiality of investment/investment strategy recommendations are therefore not applicable nor are any prohibitions to trade before publication.
This marketing communication is intended only for professional investors in the UK.
Where individuals or the business have expressed opinions, they are based on current market conditions, they may differ from those of other investment professionals, they are subject to change without notice and are not to be construed as investment advice.